Thursday, September 03, 2009

Tonight I Become a Salvation Army Soldier

Salvation Army Soldier


It's early in the morning 3 am here as I type, but tonight at around 7.30 pm I will be becoming a Salvation Army soldier. It is a serious commitment and one that I am happy to do.

Being a Salvation Army soldier means that I get to wear the uniform when I am going to church and doing volunteer jobs for my corp. Being in uniform is going to be both a privilege and also a bit scary as I feel a lot of eyes of the public will be on me.

I have made this step as I want to be committed and put my time and energy into something worthwhile and I feel the Salvation Army is going to be my church of choice for life.

As a soldier in the Salvation Army I will be given a mentor to instruct me in the things of God and I will be given jobs to do that will bring more purpose and meaning to my life. As a Salvation Army Soldier I will be proud to wear my uniform and be a helping hand in a society that needs plenty of helpers.

One of the rules of becoming one is that I have to give up drinking alcohol which isn't a real problem for me as I don't drink it very often. I will be proud as a soldier to go without when other people I might know during this festive season might be indulging.

I look forward to the work I want to do with youth and I look forward the passing on some of my lessons I have learned in life to some of those young people. I feel that I have a lot to give in that area.

I am excited and happy I have made my choice to put on the uniform and become accountable as one of the Salvation Army soldiers in Sydney Australia.



Salvation Army Soldier

No comments:

Post a Comment